Skip to Navigation (at bottom of page). (at bottom of page).

  1. Meeting opened at 3:05pm

  2. Members Present:

    • Laura Seabrook (Coordinator)
    • Ross Slade (Ordinary)
    • Nikki Slade (Ordinary)
    • Chris Baird (Ordinary)
    • Helen Donaldson (Ordinary)
    • Carolyn Baird (Admin)
    • Peter Freye (Admin)

  3. Visitors:

      None.

  4. Apologies:

    • Marc Walters (Deputy Coord)

  5. Minutes of the previous committee Meeting

      Minutes for 12/12/04 received. Motion to accept minutes:

      MOVED: Laura
      2nd: Peter
      CARRIED

  6. Business arising from previous minutes:

      Toastmasters membership is still in progress, Marc to follow up.

      There was one response to the advert placed in the STAR, but membership may have gone to Sydney APANA.

      Due to car accident and health problems, Laura's re-design of the Hunter APANA HTML pages is still in progress. Should be finished by next week.

      Carolyn has written a Hunter Home Page for FTP of local copies of programs. To access, go to http://hunter.apana.org.au/~hunter/hunter.html (this is not directly connected to the rest of the site).

      Peter will follow up re-design for PHP pages.

  7. Regional Report:

    • Financial Report

        Received. Hunter APANA may be the only region to show a "profit" this year.

    • Equipment status and function

        Everything in general is working OK.

        The boot-script is working OK.

        Woodrising Centre had a problem when someone deleted their net-com, ad-aware and AVG programs. These were re-installed.

        Viruses were deleted on one member's PC, but returned later. This is being monitored.

        Carolyn has implemented at request of members deleting of SPAM via webmail. She will also do this on request, just send a password to her if you want this. No hardware issues.

    • Membership

        Down to 36 members. The region needs members to pay on time to avoid financial problems.

    • Complaints

        Modems are occasionally not connecting properly.

    • Expenditure

        Incoming gift of hardware (UPS) from Chris ($140 worth).

    • OH&S

        Nothing to report.

  8. System Administrator's Report

      No issues with anything.

      No network issues.

      The clock problem with Bombadil was resolved.

    Motion that the reports be received:

    MOVED: Laura
    2nd: Helen
    CARRIED

  9. Business arising from reports

      If going to advertise again, we will target Linux users.

  10. General Business

      Fee Structure Review:

        Fees kept at same level.

      Chris anticipates setting up wireless access point sometime in the next week (as a personal project)

      National APANA ADSL rates -- three companies are currently available for members ADSL connections: ECN (Setup $150), DFT (Setup $99) and SIS Group (Setup $150).

      Carolyn to follow up on ADSL for region with SIS Group. Details by next meeting (www.theplanet.com.au)

      MOTION: That Hunter APANA change our ISP from NETCENTRAL to SIS GROUP, provided that...

      1. they provide unlimited 512/128k ADSL connection with routing to subnet at $99.95 / month, &
      2. the setup fee is less than $150.

      MOVED: Peter
      2nd: Laura
      CARRIED

      We will also look into acquiring a 2nd Class C subnet to route via SIS GROUP.

      Peter is developing a Sys Admin Web Page with dynamically updated info, currently on Kildall.

      MOTION: That Hunter APANA join the Australian Nonprofit IT & Internet Webring, and place a link on the links page at bottom of page.

      MOVED: Laura
      2nd: Peter
      CARRIED

  11. Next meeting

      The next meeting was set for 10th April, 2pm

  12. Meeting officially finished at 4:45pm


    (completed by Laura on 16/2/2005)